The Most Popular Type Of Flooring For The Environmentally Conscious American

Matching bamboo flooring accessories

What kind of flooring is environmentally friendly, beautiful to behold and easy to maintain over the years? It’s time to consider the advantages of engineered strand bamboo flooring. An old technique that’s been around for decades, bamboo flooring is a brilliant way of achieving multiple benefits with minimal effort. Knowing just which kind of bamboo to choose, however, can be a difficult place to start. How do you know which hardness works best for your house? The difference between Moso and Mao? Check out the list below and get yourself acquainted with the advantages of natural bamboo flooring.

How Expensive Is Bamboo Flooring?

You’re probably wondering how much you’ll be spending out of pocket to transform your home’s flooring. You’ll be happy to know bamboo flooring is priced at about the same level as the majority of hardwood floors on the market, with bamboo generally ranging from around two dollars to eight dollars per square foot. Even better? You’ll save money in the long run by installing a product that’s known to last and in good form.

How Is Bamboo Flooring Made?

If you’re eager for a homespun touch, you won’t have to look any further than the traditional advantages of engineered strand bamboo flooring. Strand woven bamboo floors are produced by stripping young Moso bamboo stalks, though some also use Mao. This is widely considered environmentally friendly because 100% of the harvested stalk is used, creating zero waste and a product that lasts a good, long while.

How Does Bamboo Grow?

Bamboo works much like your lawn does. The root system of the Moso bamboo, specifically, sends up new bamboo shoots on a yearly basis. It takes these shoots around five to six years to develop into its signature culms, that of which are considered commercially useful due to their color consistency, incredible strength and density. Every year around 20% of the total crop is harvested, still leaving up to 80% of bamboo forest untouched. It’s never been easier to be environmentally conscious!

What Kind Of Bamboo Should I Get?

Bamboo comes in a few different varieties, perfect for narrowing down exactly what your home needs. Northern Red Oak has an average Janka rating of 1290, with North American Hard Maple hitting 1450. Trinity Bamboo’s Strand Bamboo has recently received the following results averaging 3780, with Carbonized Solid Strand Bamboo at nearly 3646. These ratings are useful for determining the hardness of your product — harder and denser woods are less susceptible to denting. Whether you want something more durable or something that shimmers, it’s hard to go wrong with the advantages of engineered strand bamboo flooring.

Where Should I Get Started?

Before you choose bamboo flooring brands it’s important to check out different bamboo flooring colors, bamboo floor samples and various flooring accessories to give yourself the biggest picture possible. You have a wealth of different options to choose from, ranging from the color you’ll put in your living room to just how hard you want the floor to be. Not only will you have a product that will last for many years, it’s environmentally conscientious and easy to clean in the day-to-day. Ready to give your house a makeover?

Leave a Reply