This Mother’s Day will be different from any in the past. Although you have always told your husband and your daughters that you do not want anything to do with the kitchen for Mother’s Day, Christmas, or your birthday, this Sunday you are excited about spending this Mother’s Day going through the cupboards, drawers, and pantry. In preparation for a remodeling project that will provide you a new modern kitchen design, the whole family has committed to spending at least part of the afternoon sorting through the current contents of the kitchen so that you can be completely ready for the modern kitchen design.
With the contractors scheduled to come the Monday after MOther’s Day, you hope to have the project completed by the first part of June. Although you realize that you will be dealing with construction for the next few weeks, you know that the chaos will be worth it. The modern kitchen cabinets that you have picked out will be far more functional than what you currently use and you are very anxious for the new double oven, just one of the new appliances that will be installed.
Modern Kitchen Designs Are a Worthwhile Home Investment
Home owners make many improvements to their home, but few of these improvements are more profitable than a kitchen upgrade. In fact, even a minor kitchen remodel has an average return on investment (ROI) of 83%. Understandably then, kitchen remodels are popular home improvement projects. And while the average amount that Americans spend on kitchen remodeling is $21,637, the range can fall anywhere between $12,756 and $32,993. Of this, homeowners spend an average of 35% of their entire budgets on cabinets.
- Recommends from HBO indicate that homeowners who plan on staying in their homes for more than five years should remodel based on their comforts, not on resale value.
- Estimates from Harvard University incicate that homeowners spend $310 billion on remodeling and repairs. This amount represents a 8.6% increase from the year 2015.
- According to a 2015 survey, home owners named white cabinets as the most popular. In fact, 42% of these people indicate that they are likely to choose white over wood.
- Despite their young age, millennial homeowners, those between the ages of 18 and 34, are just as likely to renovate their homes as other age groups in 2014.
- Yearly repairs and maintenance often take a significant portion of the budget of many home owners. Finding a way to afford upgrades, however, can add to the enjoyment of a space as well as add to the value of a home.
- From European kitchen designs to the selection of Italian kitchen cabinets, many home owners look for modern designs that are not only aesthetically pleasing, but also easy to clean and maintain.
- One popular appliance choice that many home owners are making is stainless steel. In fact, stainless steel was the choice of kitchen appliances picked by 72% of home owners renovating kitchens.
- Real estate values are frequently determined by the recent innovations of interior spaces. Kitchen and bath remodels are especially lucrative for many home owners.
- An upgrade to a kitchen can be both functional and enjoyable. Easy to clean and maintain counter surfaces and flooring, for instance, allows you to prepare meals and clean up quickly so that you can enjoy your new space with your family and friends.
- Continuing as one of the most popular areas to upgrade in a home, kitchen and bathroom remodels were expected to be at least 25% of the remodeling projects in America, according to a Harvard University Joint Center for Housing Study.
- Houses with modern kitchen designs often get the attention of buyers who are looking for a home that is ready for immediate move in.
- Another advantage to kitchen remodeling projects is that the newest appliances are often far more energy efficient.
- New counter tops, new cabinets, and new appliances can completely change a kitchen area.
- Granite countertops and wooden floors are just a few of the choices that home owners select from when they are in the process of kitchen remodeling projects.
- Every time that you invest in a remodeling project you are investing in the increasing value of your home. Are you ready to commit to a new remodeling project?