You are anxiously awaiting the installation of your new roof so that you can move on the replacement windows that have been ordered for your home. After a severe hail storm last spring, you were surprised to know that there had been as much damage done to you windows as to your roof. And while the majority of your windows are on the back of your house, the fact of the matter is that is exactly the side of the house that suffered the most damage.
The plan had been to get the roof finished in the fall, but with the number of people in your neighborhood who also suffered damage, it has not been easy. You were a little slow, your husband wants you to say careful, in on a contractor and you are still waiting to get the roof work done. Now that the cold weather has set in your roof is not going to be installed until the weather warms again. You are anxious, but know that it will be work the wait. Luckily, the company that is doing the work for the replacement windows is flexible and understanding. The fact that your insurance money is tied up with the roofing supplies means that you have to get the roof finished before you move to the windows.
Window Installation Companies Provide Maintenance Free Products That Add to the Beauty of Your Home
Whether you are waiting on a window installation after a storm or you are making window product selections for new construction, investing in the best windows adds a significant amount of value to your home. Consider some of these facts and figures about the window installation industry:
- Windows that let air escape because they are drafty and can increase a home’s energy bills by 10% to 25%.
- Although dual-paned windows can be more expensive, they are also about two times as effective at retaining air conditioning and heat when compared to single-paned models.
- Replacing a window costs an average of $300 and $700 per window.
- Depending on the material, high quality and properly maintained windows can last 20 years or longer.
- Home owners who replace their windows can get back 80% of their investment, according to the National Association of Realtors.
- 44% of renovation jobs that year were for replacement windows or doors, according to the National Association of Home Builders 2012 Remodeling Market Index.
Home repairs and remodeling projects can be time consuming and expensive. The decision to upgrade the windows in your home, however, is a decision to save energy, add value to your home, and improve the overall look of your property.