This video highlights ten crucial questions that one should ask before hiring a real estate agent, especially if you are buying a home for the first time.
1. The agent’s experience in real estate.
The more experienced they are, the better.
2. Does the real estate agent know the ins and outs of the neighborhood that the buyer wants?
3. The availability of the agent. Agents can work full-time or part-time.
4. If the real estate agent works independently or if he has a team that backs him up.
5. If the agent specializes more in buyers, sellers, or both. Choose one that focuses on buyers.
6. The number of homes the realtor closed in the last 12 months.
7. The duration buyers take to find a home in their neighborhood of interest.
8. If the real estate agent works within the client’s budget.
9. The scope of work the agent is currently handling. He should be busy but not overwhelmed.
10. The realtor’s preferred method of communication.
Buying a house is one of the most significant decisions a person will make, and these are vital questions that a buyer should ask upfront before engaging a specific real estate agent.