The chance to select the lighting fixtures for a home or an office is a task that can help you decide how a space looks not only looks, but also how it functions. From making selections from the top lighting brands to selecting specific lightolier fixtures, the light decisions that you make will have a visual impact for anyone who comes into your home or office. For these reasons, it is often important to make sure that you consult with professional lighting experts as well as interior designers.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the decisions that lighting professionals recommend and the high end lighting brands that continue to increase in popularity:
- The three basic kinds of lighting for interior spaces are: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
- High end lighting brands often drive the rest of the industry in new styles of the most popular fixtures.
- Energy efficiency is an important part of lighting selections for many people. The fact that fluorescent bulbs are five times more energy effecient than incandescent or halogen bulbs makes them a popular choice for many home owners and businesses.
- Bowery lights are a popular choice for many home owners who are building new homes.
- Research indicates that among homeowners upgrading their kitchen lighting, 70% are adding recessed lights while 71% are installing undercabinet lights and 58% are choosing pendant lights.
- In most homes, lighting accounts for 7% to 10% of the total energy consumed.
- Geting the right advice can help you make the best decisions about the lighting choices in your home of office.
- Hanging down about a foot from the ceiling, semi flush lights are a popular option for many interior designers, as well as home owners.
- The brightest spot in the dining room should be the table. In fact, installing a chandelier or pendant above the table can actually help draw people into this space, especially if the total wattage is to about 100 watts.
- Statistics indicate that 84% of homeowners renovating their kitchens are upgrading their lighting fixtures, according to the 2017 U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study.
- Picking out lightolier fixtures for a home or a business can help you update a current space.
- One study from the 2016 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study indicates that 46% of renovating home owners cited good lighting as the most important feature in a master bathroom.
- Those home owners who upgraded their master bathroom lighting indicate that they made some very specific choices. In fact, 70% of them upgraded their master bathroom lighting and 67% added wall lights, while 50% added recessed lights, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study.
Lighting features are often THE BRIGHT SPOT in many rooms. Used as a focal point or completely for function, lightolier fixtures are a popular addition to many new and remodeled spaces.
Read more like this.