With an unexpected settlement from the insurance company, you finally have the opportunity to replace your deck. The decision to upgrade to composite materials is an easy one and you are excited that you finally have the chance to get the space that you need to enjoy long family meals outside. The previous two storms required you to pay an out of pocket $5,000 for the deductible, with nothing more to show for your money than a repaired or replaced roof, windows, and gutters. And while these repairs and replacements are important, it is exciting to know that this time around you will have a new deck to show for your efforts as well. It will require you to invest additional funds, but the opportunity to replace your aged out deck is more than exciting.
Construction and Remodeling Companies Offer a Number of Important Services
When you get the chance to remodel your home, whether it is an interior or exterior project, it is important that you carefully select from the available construction and remodeling companies. And while they may all talk about having the best materials and the best workers, it will always be inmportant to know first hand from previous customers about the quality of the work that is provided.
Custom design builders are a popular option when it comes to home remodeling companies in many parts of the country. In fact, finding a team of remodeling contractors that is able to complete the kind of work that you want within the time frame that you require can sometimes be a significant challenge.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when remodeling companies can help their customers complete a number of important projects:
- Americans were expected to spend a record $340 billion total on home remodeling in 2018, according to the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University estimates.
- Renovators who bought their first home in 2016 spent $33,800 on home renovations, according to a 2017 U.S. Houzz and Home Study. On average, this represented a 22% increase when compared to the year 2015.
- $409.2 billion was the projected total sales of home improvement retailers in the U.S. in 2019.
- Baby Boomers and older home owners, those 55 and older, continue to spend roughly three times more than Millennial homeowners, who are in the age range of 25 to 34, according to the 2017 U.S. Houzz and Home Study.
- 30% of remodeling activity that year was major additions and alterations, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.40 percent minor additions and alterations, and
- 30% of remodeling activity that year was maintenance and repair, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- 40% of remodeling activity that year was minor additions and alterations, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The latest research indicates that U.S. improvement and repair expenditure amounted to about $326.1 in 2015.
There are several reasons to carefully vet any contractor that you are considering. One of those reasons, of course, is that ultimately you wan to add not only add to the beauty and function of your home, but the value as well. Did you know, for instance, that in order to qualify as finished living space, a basement must meet legal egress requirements for safe escape or the entry of a rescue person during an emergency? The best contractor understand this and many other pieces of information that can add to the value of your home. In addition, it is important to hire a contractor who is known for standing behind the products that they use and the work that they complete.
Whether you are looking at adding or remodeling a deck on your home or you are considering an interior project that can add to the function, value, and beauty of your house, it is always important to talk to several contractors to see what they can provide. From custom designs to standard remodeling plans, the kind of contractor that you hire will often help you determine if your plans will turn out the way that you want.
If you are in the process of making plans for an upcoming remodeling project, the selection of the contractor that you will use is key important. Make your choices carefully.